Sunday, April 18, 2010

Riddle Me This

What are boys' intentions and expectations when they go out or go to bars? I know girls, girls want attention and expect to be looked at or talked to, maybe strike up a friendship or more - depending on the girl. I want to know what the expectations of the counterparts are. What do they think about as their getting ready? What are they expecting to have accomplished? Do they think that far ahead?

I often feel that guys just go to bars to get someone to hook up with. Maybe that's only the guys who come to me - but why me? I don't think I give off the sex vibe. Maybe I do though, maybe I can use this to my advantage.

By this age (twentyish) I know how to get someone to approach me, it took some practice but I think I have a handle. And not just me, my friends know what to wear and how to act to get attention. However, this attention only seems to attract a certain kind of guy. We keep getting douche bags, guys who will stare intently into your eyes thinking you want to make out with them too, guys who will stick their gross smoker tounges in your mouth when you thought it might be ok to kiss them, and guys who after an evening of bonding over common interests and dancing ask "your place or mine?"

Where did I go wrong? What did I do to make you think that I would go home with you? Was it when you offered me a drink and I took it? Was it when I accidentally bumped into you butt? Was it when I was laughing with my friends and I drunkenly caught your eye?

Maybe it wasn't me. Maybe these guys were trained by other girls, ruined by other girls and they think that they can do the same things to me that worked before.

I have been wondering this for a while, so I decided to ask some guys in my class what they did. They seem like good guys and I can't imagine them acting so douchey so I wanted to know what their thought process was. How can I change my act to get a guy more like them, who probably wouldn't expect me to go home wth him after I was just being friendly.

The boys weren't serious in their answer and I don't think understood what I was asking - this was their response --




Here is another question that I posed to the boys:

say you go to a bar, you see the girl of your dreams (or one that is deeply interesting) what do you do?
on a related, but different note, (because the boys said that they go to a bar to drink and that's it) do you only go to bars to drink? you can do that at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment